We provide legal services for clients involved in the oil & gas industry as well as in wind energy.
OIL & GAS
We represent royalty owners on a wide range of matters, including:
- mineral leases
- unit and pooling agreements
- division orders
- oil & gas litigation including Kansas Corporation Commission matters and production company suspense issues.
We have been involved in wind energy development in Kansas for more than a decade in more than a dozen projects or potential projects, representing lessors, county governments, and neighbors, and providing due diligence services for investors in wind energy projects. We:
- assist county governments create regulations to enable them to exercise the level of control over local wind farms they desire
- assist landowners in negotiating leases and easements
- represent lenders and equity partners in wind projects in assuring the soundness of their investments
- represent neighbors and community groups concerned with the potential impacts of proposed developments and provide guidance on how to protect their interests when projects are proposed that might diminish their property values or quality of life.