Mert F. Buckley
- University of Kansas, B.A., 1974
- Washburn University, J.D., 1977
- Best Lawyers In America
- Real Estate
- Super Lawyers Missouri and Kansas
- Chambers USA
- Real Estate
- Martindale Hubbell - AV Preeminent®
- Kansas Bar Association Real Estate Handbook, Chapter Co-Author, Mortgages and Conventional Real Estate Landing and Mechanics Liens
- Kansas Bar Association Annual Survey of Law, Chapter Co-Author, Real Estate (1990-2019)
- Can I Sign a Contract By E-Mail?
- Save Time and Money With Letters of Intent
- Emailing an Unsigned Contract as an Attached Document Did Not Amount to a “Signature” of the Contract
- Some Thoughts on Buying Commercial Real Estate
- Free Looks—Canceling a Contract After Inspection
Mert has practiced real estate and commercial law with Adams Jones since1977. He has negotiated and closed transactions for clients acquiring, selling, or leasing many types of properties, including office, multi-family, industrial and retail properties. His experience ranges from hotels, shopping centers, medical offices, wind farms and churches to doughnut shops, office buildings, and a country club and golf course.
He has also represented local and national lenders for many years. This work includes loan documentation and closing loan transactions.
- Represented hotel developer in development, financing, and eventual sale of five major franchised hotels.
- Along with other Adams Jones attorneys, served as local counsel for lender on largest wind farm in the state, involving 250 tracts of land in 4 counties.
- Represented purchaser of historic Union Station for future development.
- Assisted real estate broker to comply with state licensing act and broker laws (Brokers Relationship in Real Estate Transaction Act).
- Aided client in approval of first Community Improvement District property under construction in Wichita.
- Represented more than a half dozen medical offices to relocate and build new offices.
- Assisted purchaser of non-performing and other troubled loans from failed institutions and similar sources.
- Represented lenders in commercial foreclosures of office buildings, residential building lots, and other commercial properties.
Representative Client Industries
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Brokers
- Commercial Lending
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Wichita Bar Association (President, 1994-95)
- Kansas Bar Association (Executive Committee, Real Estate, Probate & Trust Section, past member)
- Wichita State University Center for Real Estate -Advisory Board Member
- American Bar Association
- Rotary Club, Downtown Wichita (Vice-President, 1994-95)